Tuesday, October 5, 2010

i'm not a player, i just blog a lot.







We watched TYPEFACE by Kartemquin Films in class on Monday.
This is what I got out of it:
I think I'm going to change my career aspirations, as you get paid for each letter you make in wood type. (I'm just kidding I could never do that. I would never leave.) Type is the "fabric of America." There's a need for large type to make a poster be "louder" than the one next to it. Print shops used to be like grocery stores- everywhere! At one point, wood typing was thrown out because they thought there would be no need for it in the future. While semi true, the importance of handmade craft is under-appreciated, as a lot of computer work begins to look alike after some time.




"Don't let your dreams be dreams."
- Jack Johnson"

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me."
- Dave Matthews


In INDD 510 (Human Factors in Design), the professor has said over and over again to have a world view. After about a month, I have finalized my World View (for the time being, of course).

"Learn how to learn and keep learning." - Richard Branham, my professor

"The key to success is that grades are not important, and neither is looking to the future for guidance. You can work very hard and give your best effort and still not succeed the way you would like of get the grade you think you deserved.
Standardized tests are shit. Who dictates the questions?
It's all about what you retain for life, not what you cram for a test.
Do your thing. Do what feels right. Don't get down on yourself. Your willingness to always learn something new is what is most important.
Mistakes are the biggest form of learning.
Work hard, play hard, and keep an open mind at all times."
- J.





"The sun will shine no matter what I do."
-Dave Matthews




No comments:

Post a Comment