Sunday, February 27, 2011

stefan the man

The first thing I found interesting about the article is that it is from 2004. That being said, the principles brought up in the article stand true today, 7 years later. I love the quote that reads... "In persuading people to buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, in order to impress others that don't care, it is probably the phoniest field in existence today." Well said Victor Papanek, well said.
Design can unify, help us remember, simplify our lives, make someone feel better, make the world a safer place, can help people rally behind a cause, can inform and teach, can raise money, and can make us more tolerant. And this is why I am interested in design over other fields... it has substance.
The best part of the article, in my opinion, is the quote that says "Comercial Art makes you BUY things, graphic Design GIVES you ideas."
I love ideas. I love coming up with ideas. Maybe I should stick with design... hmm. Life.

cheers to another week closer to spring break!
- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment